codebar Festival is a new 3-day 100% virtual event where each day will have a different focus; coding, career, and wellbeing. And like any festival, there will be lots going on over the 3 days from talks, panels, workshops, interactive sessions, and social occasions.
Day 1 // CODING
Join us on day 1 of codebar Festival for a day packed with workshops, talks, and demos.
- 9:00 - Gonçalo Morais - A Practical Guide for Conducting Effective Code Reviews
In this session Gonçalo will share with you a few effective guidelines that both reviewers and reviewees can employ together to pursue better code.
- 9:30 - Kevin Lewis / Vonage - Intro to APIs
- 10:30 - Kim Diep and Shannon Farvolden - Building Your First React App with data from an API
- 11:30 - Arti Mathanda - Getting Started With Storybook for React
- 12:30 - Divyansh Khandelwal - DevOps Demystified
DevOps Demystified will be a session that will revolve around pivotal DevOps practices that developers use.
- 13:30 - Zahra Waheed and Bushra Hussain - Deploy A Website Using GitHub Pages
- 14:30 - Katja Mordaunt - Reading Code
- 16:00 - Tom Kail - Writing Interactive Stories with Ink
Learn how to write sharable interactive stories using Ink; a free, professional tool developed by one of the world's leading story-focused game studios.
- 17:00 - Iris Pea Tyczynska - Pair Programming - Theory and Practice*
A talk about principles for effective pair programming followed by a pair programming session.
* Please note this session requires an extra ticket. Register for this session here.
- 18:00 - Jimmy Shah - Intro to SQL
An intro workshop on learning to code in SQL, often used when working with data. No prior coding experience is necessary, the talk will be accessible to all.
- 19:00 - Anna Skoulikari - Intro to Git
Anna we will go over some fundamental Git basics; commits, working directory, staging area, and what branches are (spoiler, they aren’t tree branches)!
- 20:00 - Stefania Rosca - Testing -never, never for me-
Stefania will share the value of writing tests and how this actually made her a better programmer and helped her improve the code she was writing.
- 20:15 - Beverley Newing and James Buller - Getting Started with Accessibility Testing
A practical, interactive workshop on quick and easy ways of spotting basic accessibility issues.